FOUNDER/DIRECTOR

KEVIN GIBBONS

QUATURO

June 8th, 2012

5-a-side Football in London for SEOs!

It’s far easier to organise this on here than Twitter – but basically I’m looking to setup a regular 5-a-side football game for SEOs in London.

5-a-side football
We can hire a pitch easily enough – and if we can get 10-12 regulars who are up for a game, I’m sure we can get people to cover (as obviously not everyone will be able to make it every week). So we can rope in workmates, people from Twitter etc last minute if we need to.

Anyway, if you’re interested in playing, can you drop a comment below with preferred dates/days of the week and locations (see here) – and I’ll send an email round and look to get something setup as a one-off game and then see if we’ve got enough of us to do something more regularly afterwards.

11 Responses

1. Paul Rogers says:

I’m in!

However, I’m on holiday from the 18th to 29th of June so would only be able to make it if it’s early July.

2. Roland Dunn says:

Hi Kevin,
    I’m up for it.

Preferred days: Tuesday pretty much. Maybe Thursdays.
    Preferred locations: as North as possible.

Thanks for trying to organise this! I know from my own experience (I play on a Tues sometimes elsewhere) that you need a good solid pool of people to regularly get a game. The game I sometimes play in has around 30 names on the list …

Other thing that game does is offer two ways of paying: (a) 7 games up-front – those folks get priority (b) pay-as-you-go … and thus risk not being on the list.

Anyway. Hopefully I’d be able to play one way or another!

Many thanks,
    Roland

3. Chris Sheard says:

Hi Kevin,

Sounds a superb idea. Depending on location I should be in.

4. Russell McAthy says:

I’m up for this – i’ll pay in advance too

5. Jason says:

Hi Kevin

Any evening, and central london best suited. This is the best social event idea around SEO I have heard of in a long time…..

Count me in.

Jason

6. Kevin Gibbons says:

It’s on! First game 28th June, signup here: http://www.meetup.com/SEO-Football/

7. Chris Gibbons says:

I’d play but it is a bit far to travel. I suggest you set up a fine system for people that pull out last minute!

8. Barrie says:

Kevin, when are we going to have a one-off, big footie tournament for SEOs?? Team Receptional to lift the cup!

9. Suraj says:

Brilliant idea, am totally up for this but Camden is a bit of a trek from Pinner (about 15miles) so will have to pass :(

10. Keith Horwood (@eagle8) says:

I play each week at Finsbury leisure centre with work, ok pitches there.

11. Stans says:

Hey Kevin, is this still up? What days do you play and how do I join the team when in London?